Lasting reminders

 So very grateful to be on this side of surgery and well on my way to fully recovered! I've learned many things in the last couple weeks.

1. My husband really is Superman. He has doted on, taken care of, and loved on me over and above the normal these past two weeks. He even vacuumed! He hates vacuuming. I have a real winner, my soul mate, and my best friend. #betterorworse

2. My friends are amazing. My pal, Jane, set up a meal train for 2 weeks for us. Just the first few days, then every other day for 2 weeks. That thing filled up in less than 48 hours! And then people who didn't get on the list brought or sent food anyway! We are still eating leftovers! I didn't think we would need this service. Michael taught me how to cook, after all. But it was such a blessing to not worry about getting or cooking food. And to experience our friends loving on us was just such a blessing. #getyouaprayerposse

3. I will have scars. I was pondering these 5 healing holes in my abdomen today. They are healing nicely, but there will be scars. Not that I run around in croptops, but they will be there. I will never be able to forget these last few weeks. I was kinda bumming about that until that still, small voice basically whispered "It's a reminder". Ok. I have a constant reminder of God's graciousness to us...to me... through all of this. In 5 weeks I went from a routine doctor's appointment to a cancer diagnosis to surgery to a we-got-it-all pathology report. And God was there through it all. He wasn't surprised by any of it. He allowed it. He orchestrated it. He brought friends along side and gave me and Hubby peace beyond words. I may never know the why, and that's ok. Maybe I'll be able to help a friend through the same or a similar situation. It's like that rare, blue gem you pick up in a video game: not sure what it's for but I'll hold on to this experience for later. #myGodisamazing #prayer

Well, tonight I get to cook. I am able. I have the strength to actually do it. And I am grateful. We've had a lot of chicken and pork the last couple weeks, so I opted for seafood tonight. Hopefully it will turn out; it's been a couple weeks. Thank you, friends!

Go out and be a blessing today. 

Comments