Adventuring close to home

3 March 2020

So I was just about out of my Organic Nest elderberry syrup and decided to look at their website to
see where I could buy it, since their brick and mortar store is almost an hour away. I learned that I could go to the Spring Water Farms farm store in Huntersville. Still not close, but closer!

What a great place! It is small, but wow do they pack it in! They carry a few of the Organic Nest products, as well as our favorite Coddle Creek honey. And jams and jellies from Coddle Creek, too.

And then there's the milk and ice cream. I know. We unicorns don't do milk products. But, these are local. Like, I met the farmer local. They source the ice cream out of Mooresville. Listen...they have Superman ice cream. Just sayin. I had to employ every ounce of my self control to not get a cone.

And the beef! Again, I know. Beef is on my no-no list. But I can tolerate some. And this is locally raised and packaged. And hormone, coloring and preservative free. A pound of ground beef came home with me. Now to find a recipe.

And then, there are the veggies. They grow a lot of them themselves. Today, they had kale, collards, beets, radishes, potatoes... so many things! And I was told the tomatoes in the green house are doing well and should be available pretty soon. Call me a skeptic, but when someone tells me they grow their own veggies, you just never know. But, as I was checking out, I looked past the lovely lady helping me out the window and saw the garden! It's real! They really do grown their own stuff!

I'm headed to their website to get added to the mailing list. You should too! They also have a Facebook page, if you're into that sort of thing: Farm House at Spring Water Farms.

www.SpringWaterFarmsNC.com

www.theorganicnestshop.com

Comments