Blessings amidst the Covid

3 April 2020

Not gonna rant here about the covid or complain about the empty shelves. Enough people are doing and have done that.

Instead, I will choose to be positive. In my trip to Aldi this week, I was able to get GF bread. Yay! I bought 2 loaves and froze one. I hope that doesn't bite me later. But it cannot be worse than Glutino frozen bread. blech. But I digress. I also went to the Farm House and got honey and some bougie ground beef (my men have been asking for beef. If I'm going to eat it, it may as well be the good stuff, right?)

Yesterday, I made lentejas for dinner. Years ago, Tim and Alice Dysert gave me a copy of Penelope Casa's cookbook, The Foods & Wines of Spain. There are many things in there that I have made and loved. Some, well, I love Spain, but no.

Over on the Recipes page I'll put up my modified version of her recipe. Not a Unicorn mod, just a "I have no idea where to get that ingredient" mod. I'll also post a link to her original recipe. On the off chance I can't find a soft copy, it is on page 144 of the 1982 version of her cookbook.

Stay safe. Stay fed.

Comments